January 16, 2012

Carmel Pretzel Bites


I'll apologize right up front for the lack of pictures here.  These delicious creations were done on a "baking day" with a couple of my neighbors.  I didn't even get to take very many pictures of my own creations from that day.  These were made by my friend Melissa and they were delish!



First you take some of those Carmel squares that are individually wrapped and flatten them out using a rolling pin. 



Next, wrap the Carmel around the pretzel nugget. 


Now, melt the chocolate over a double boiler and dip each piece until fully covered.  Put on wax paper for at least 2 hours to set. 


I'm sorry that I don't have a finished product shot; with all the baking going on I sort of forgot and then, well they got eaten too fast....

Recipe found here at "The Busty Baker"

1 14-ounce bag soft caramels
1 10-ounce bag pretzel nuggets
12 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
2 cups natural almonds, toasted and finely chopped (optional)

Unwrap the caramels and flatten them one by one with a rolling pin.  After the Carmel piece is flat, wrap around a pretzel nugget.  When they are all wrapped in Carmel, melt the chocolate over a double boiler until smooth.  Dip each Carmel covered pretzel nugget in the chocolate and place on wax paper to set.




No comments: