September 12, 2012

Hershey's Brickle Drop Cookies

 

My husband and I are sitting here at my sister-law's house in Massachusetts this morning.  My daughter is running around here making a mess of her house and avoiding eating her breakfast.  Pretty typical morning.  I asked my hubby to write this post for me just to shake things up a little.  Everyone, meet Dave.  Dave, this is everyone:

Hi Everyone.  I have been recruited to write a post about the Brickle Cookies.  They taste great, are soft and are a great change-up from the chocolate chip cookies that are typically my favorite.  Great with a nice big glass of colllldddd Milk. 

 
Thanks Dave.  I can say that he did seem to enjoy them while he was watching some football.  The thing I loved most about this cookie was the texture.  As you know, I'm a chewy cookie kind of girl and these cookies are just that.  They also stay chewy for several days which makes me very happy.
 
Dave is right, it was a great change of from some of the chocolate varieties we love so much. 


If any of you are familiar with McAlister Deli's like we have down South you might have tried a cookies like this at their locations. 

Totally yummy, great for picnic's since there isn't anything that will melt in the heat.

You can find this recipe on the back of the Hershey's Heath Toffee Bit's bag.

Hershey's Brickle Drop Cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1 1/3 cups (1 bag) Heath Bits 'O Brickle Toffee Bits
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Cream together the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add the remaining wet ingredients. In a separate bowl add the dry ingredients and whisk. Slowly add the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients until combined. Add the Toffee Bits and stir to combine.
  3. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 8-10 minutes. Mine only took 9 minutes.
  4. Cool slightly and move to a wire rack. Cool completely.

No comments: