OK last week I distinctly remember saying I felt Fall in the air, this week not so much. We've been dealing with the effects of a hurricane gone tropical storm which turned into just rain. With it has come some serious humidity. I'm so looking forward to some cool crisp air. Oh well I guess I'll just keep dreaming about it for another month or so.
I made this quite a while ago and was surprised when I found it still in my draft folder. This dessert is way too good not to share.
Classic peanut butter and chocolate flavors and the added creaminess of both layers makes it that much more irresistible. I ended up freezing mine but it was just as delicious when it thawed.
Thanksgiving is around the corner and this might make a perfect addition to the dessert table. Just sayin.
Peanut Butter Chocolate DessertFrom 2008 Taste of Home Prize Winning Recipes page 136 by Debbie Price
- 20 cream filled chocolate sandwich cookies, divided
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 pkg (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar, divided
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 15 miniature peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 pkg (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- Crush 16 cookies and toss with butter. Spread evenly into an ungreased 9 inch square dish.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and 1 cup of confectioners sugar until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping and then spread over the crust. Top with the chopped peanut butter cups.
- In another bowl, mix the milk, pudding mix and remaining confectioners sugar for 2 minutes on low speed. Fold in the remaining whipped topping and then spread it over the chopped peanut butter cups. Crush the remaining cookies over the top, cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.