Will you believe me if I told you I JUST made these? They're still warm actually. I'm taking them to a party tonight and I'm pretty sure they're going to be loved by all. I wasn't sure at first but once they started baking and my house started to smell like caramelized bacon I was pretty sure they'd be good. I was right, they are. Thank you Pinterest!
I've got to say, I'm not usually very fond of canned biscuits but when it comes to this appetizer, I really do think they are the best choice.
I'm not really sure if this falls under the appetizer or dessert category since it is covered in caramel sauce, but I think appetizer is perfect. They are sweet but not over the top sweet. The bacon gets sort of candy like on top the bun. Just heavenly. I can't wait to share these tonight!
Caramel Bacon Buns
Recipe from Oh, Bite It!
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits
- 1 jar caramel sauce (for ice cream)
- 1 package (about 8 pieces or so) bacon, cooked until crispy and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400º
- Spoon a little caramel sauce into the bottom of 20 mini cupcake. I found a scant tsp was about right.
- Sprinkle as much bacon on top of the caramel as desired. About 1/2 a tsp.
- Cut each biscuit in half and lay one half on top of each caramel/bacon cup.
- Line a separate baking sheet with tin foil and place it on the rack under the rack you are going to cook these on, to catch any drips that might occur.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Get a cookie sheet ready so you can flip the buns over on top of it.
- You can drizzle extra caramel sauce over the top if desired.
- Makes 20 mini buns, serve at room temperature.