June 6, 2014

Caramel Bacon Buns



Will you believe me if I told you I JUST made these? They're still warm actually.  I'm taking them to a party tonight and I'm pretty sure they're going to be loved by all.  I wasn't sure at first but once they started baking and my house started to smell like caramelized bacon I was pretty sure they'd be good.  I was right, they are.  Thank you Pinterest!

I've got to say, I'm not usually very fond of canned biscuits but when it comes to this appetizer, I really do think they are the best choice.

I'm not really sure if this falls under the appetizer or dessert category since it is covered in caramel sauce, but I think appetizer is perfect.  They are sweet but not over the top sweet.  The bacon gets sort of candy like on top the bun.  Just heavenly. I can't wait to share these tonight!

Caramel Bacon Buns
Recipe from Oh, Bite It!


Ingredients
  • 1 can refrigerated biscuits
  • 1 jar caramel sauce (for ice cream)
  • 1 package (about 8 pieces or so) bacon, cooked until crispy and chopped
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 400º
  2. Spoon a little caramel sauce into the bottom of 20 mini cupcake. I found a scant tsp was about right.
  3. Sprinkle as much bacon on top of the caramel as desired. About 1/2 a tsp.
  4. Cut each biscuit in half and lay one half on top of each caramel/bacon cup.
  5. Line a separate baking sheet with tin foil and place it on the rack under the rack you are going to cook these on, to catch any drips that might occur. 
  6. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. 
  7. Get a cookie sheet ready so you can flip the buns over on top of it. 
  8. You can drizzle extra caramel sauce over the top if desired. 
  9. Makes 20 mini buns, serve at room temperature. 

No comments: