Talk about a quick and easy party favorite! This recipe is really to put together at the last minute. It takes no time at all to bake and run out the door to a party. I used some pickled jalapenos that I made and I loved them even more. The slight pickled flavor made it spectacular for me.
I've got some pictures below to demonstrate how to use the refrigerated crescent roll dough. This isn't complicated, I just think pictures are really handy.
The crescent roll dough you buy in the refrigerated section is easy to use. That "pop" still scares me silly. Just open the can and take out the dough without unrolling it. There is a perforation down the center, break it in half. Unroll the two sections but pinch the seams together that separate the four sections, so you have two long rectangular pieces.
Slather on the cream cheese.
Roll up, cut, bake. Easy.
Once baked up, they buttery tender crescents just add to the deliciousness of the filling. The jalapeños are spicy but get mellowed out from the cream cheese. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Quick Jalapeno Cream Cheese Poppers
Recipe from High Heels & Grills
- 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup jalapeños, minced (I used these pickled jalapeños)
- Crumbled bacon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375º
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and jalapeños. You can mix in the bacon if you are using it.
- Open the can of crescent roll dough and put it on your work surface WITHOUT separating it.
- Break the roll in half where it is perforated. You want two long rolls of dough, so pinch the seams together on each roll so you have two continuous rolls of crescents.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture oven the top of each rectangle. Roll each roll up starting from the short side (so the roll is the long way). Cut into 11-16 pieces depending on how big you want them.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.