OK, let me prepare you for a very complicated, in depth, time consuming recipe.
Just kidding, this is the easiest recipe ever!
Two ingredients will make you ton's of friends. Oh, and guess what? It doesn't HAVE to be chocolate. Seriously, wrap a crescent roll around your favorite flavor and it's bound to be a hit. How can it not be? Do you know how much butter is actually in a croissant? Well, a lot.
Here are some variation ideas:
- Any flavor pie filling
- Cream cheese mixed with anything, pretty much. Jalapeños, ranch dressing mix, your favorite veggies.
- Hot dogs
- I could go on and on here but I think you get the idea.
Yeah, so basically you can wrap anything up and bake it and it'll be delicious but the nice thing about using dark chocolate is that it turns into a somewhat fancy dessert. There is such a think as chocolate croissants that you can buy at some very fine bakeries and they are G.O.O.D. but they are also made from scratch and truly are gourmet. This version you can whip up in like 15 minutes and they are mighty tasty.
Canned dough, who knew right?
Quick Chocolate Croissants
From Alissamays kitchen
- 1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375º.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Break open the can of dough and pull apart the perforated shapes.
- Lay the dough flat, sprinkle with chocolate chips (not too many or they will ooze out, maybe about 1-2 Tbsp each.
- Loosely roll into the crescent shape and bake until golden brown. 11-15 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature.