June 19, 2014

Mushroom Bacon Bites


I know I'm a little late posting a new recipe this week.  Sorry about that.  I was on vacation last week and it's taken me this long to get my act together.  

Well, it also explains why we had appetizers for dinner one night.  Actually, I could eat appetizers for dinner every night.  I just love them. 

This recipe was in my Taste of Home magazine/cookbook.  I'm weird, I keep all those things in addition to all the cookbooks I already have.  I make our lives interesting each time we have to move. :)
Anyway, it's super quick and super easy and SO delicious!  I had left over bacon so I wrapped some other things from my garden which I will post later.  When is anything wrapped in bacon NOT delicious?!

Mushroom Bacon Bites
Recipe from Taste of Home


Ingredients
  • 24 medium fresh mushrooms
  • 12 strips bacon, halved
  • 1 cup barbecue sauce
Directions
  1. Cut the bacon strips in half. 
  2. Wrap one piece of bacon around each mushroom and secure with a toothpick. 
  3. Top with barbecue sauce and grill, uncovered, over indirect heat for about 10-15 minutes.  Turn over and add more barbecue sauce about halfway through.  You're looking for the bacon to become crisp and the mushrooms to soften. 

No comments: