Eating seasonal foods is always best, you can guarantee that your family is eating the freshest foods possible. They are at their peak flavor and ripeness.
This recipe is something I came up with using just what I had in my pantry, refrigerator and garden. My family loved it! The fresh corn really put this over the top, but frozen or canned will work too. The mayonnaise added creaminess and the hot barbecue sauce added spice with a little vinegar bite.
From Alissamay's kitchen
- 4-6 ears fresh corn, cooked, cooled and cut off the cob (or canned or frozen but thawed)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled, cooled
- 2 banana peppers, membranes removed and seeded, chopped
- 1/2 can black olives, sliced
- 1/2 - 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup hot vinegar based barbecue sauce (I used Scotts Barbecue Sauce, but it might be a Southern thing)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make sure all the the ingredients are cold or no warmer then room temperature.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine. Serve cold and refrigerate leftovers.