One item you can count on disappearing from your party is guacamole. Everyone seems to love it!
When I was visiting my family in Oregon a couple of weeks ago, I was asked to put together a guacamole for an event. Turns out, everyone loved it. My aunt suggested I put in the cumin and it was the perfect ingredient! You can make guacamole a million different ways but this one seemed to be the winner for us.
Keep in mind, air is the enemy of avocado's too. Get that lemon juice in there and mixed in well so it doesn't turn a funky color on you!
From Alissamay's kitchen
- 2 ripe avocado's, seed and skin removed
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- the juice from 1 small fresh lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp cayenne pepper sauce (like Tobasco)
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- Use a medium bowl to mash the avocado with a fork. Some chunks are fine, it's up to you how smooth you want it.
- Add the remaining ingredients (minus the cilantro) and mix well, tasting as you go.
- Add the cilantro last, right before serving.