I'm so looking forward to the weekend. I'm just sayin', things have been tough this week.
I want it to be fall. Yet it's still like 90º here. Ugh.
OK, enough complaining. Recently we had our Labor Day party in our neighborhood and I was too hot and tired to actually bake anything. So I threw this together and brought it. This was easy, and heat friendly. Nothing in here will melt or go bad from the hot weather, making it a perfect picnic food!
I found that it was even better the next day. The vinegar really has a chance to soak in and get better and better. Very healthy and "diet friendly", definitely one to remember.
Recipe modified slightly from Betty Crocker
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/3 cup cider or white vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- chopped fresh dill or parsley (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Refrigerate and stir or shake periodically.
- Keep refrigerated for at least 3 hours, overnight is best.