Happy Friday everyone!
I'm glad to get this week over. The cold weather has once again arrived and I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend.
During some of my many hours searching the Internet for recipe ideas, I stumbled up these yummy buffalo cauliflower bites. I usually eat cauliflower raw but I love buffalo sauce so I thought I'd give this one a try.
The cauliflower gets dunked into a batter before you bake it. Then you roll it around in a sauce as soon as it comes out of the oven. Pretty much the same procedure as regular chicken wings although you probably don't use a "batter" with chicken. Anyway, I thought they were delicious. You could pretty much put buffalo sauce on anything and I'd like it.
This would make a great snack for the Super Bowl. I might even try it without the batter next time, just to cut off a few more calories.
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Recipe from Skinny Taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut up. About 6 1/2 cups
- 3/4 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400º
- Spray a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix the water, flour and garlic powder together to make a batter.
- Dip the cauliflower into the batter until coated, you can scrape off the excess. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the melted butter and Franks sauce together.
- After the cauliflower comes out of the oven, coat in the sauce mix and serve.