January 6, 2015

Honeycomb and Prickly Pear


I'm not sure if you know about my fairly recent obsession with Honeycomb.  My neighbor introduced me to it when we had our annual "baking day" and she made it right here in my kitchen!  I've been enamored with it ever since.

Imagine my surprise when I saw it in World Market today.

Can I just take a moment to tell you how much I love World Market.  I really do.  It's a very good thing the one around here isn't all that close to where I live.

But I digress, the Honeycomb I found there looked slightly different because the homemade kind had little air bubble pockets throughout, and this one is more solid.  The texture is sort of hard to describe.  I think the best I can do is, it would sort of like biting into a crumbly piece of chalk (not that I've EVER done that).  Only it tastes more like the brittle portion of peanut brittle.  The chocolate coating on this candy was chocolate bark, not real chocolate.  Still yummy, you just have to try it.  This particular bag was from Australia but England is where my friend gets hers from.  I think they are called Crunchy Bars there. She says they have them at World Market sometimes so I'll keep looking.


Not much of a "find" here but I thought I'd tell you about it anyway.  This drink tastes like cherry.  I picked it because it uses cane sugar and there isn't any caffeine. I don't believe it was actually made in Sioux City at all, New York more like. But, it was fun to try it anyway.

Don't worry, I've been cooking and will post again soon.

No comments: