March 4, 2015

Basic Chicken or Turkey Brine


8:00 am
As I've mentioned several times on here before, I'm not a huge fan of chicken.  Especially boneless skinless chicken breasts.  So, I decided to try a brine, I'm told it's life changing.  I've read that once you brine you never go back.  I'm looking forward to all of this being true.  I'm obviously having chicken for dinner so I'll get back to you. 

5:30 pm
Well, I can tell you that I had a delicious dinner tonight.  Really really good, moist and juicy. I made Lemon Chicken Piccata, which was yummy.  I still have two brined chicken breasts that I plan to cook tomorrow, but based on tonight's meal I think I'm going to enjoy it very much. 

Basic Chicken or Turkey Brine
Recipe from Food.com


Ingredients
  • 1 gallon cold water
  • 1/2 cup kosher salt (1/4 cup table salt)
  • 2/3 cup light brown sugar
Cooking Directions
  1. Marinate your chicken in this liquid for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
  2. This recipe can be used with parts as well as the whole bird.

No comments: