July 3, 2010

Homemade Brownies



mmmmmm, Brownies! I love brownies, and chocolate, and everything with chocolate in it or on it or near it. These brownies aren't difficult and are totally worth taking a few extra minutes to make. I feel that I can eat more of them because I know that I'm using quality ingredients and no preservatives. Somehow I feel like that decreases the amount of fat in them....I can dream can't I?



Heat your oven to 350 and grease and flour an 8x8 inch oven safe dish. I doubled this recipe since I was bringing it to a 4th of July barbecue so I used a 9x13 inch dish.





While the butter is melting prepare your dry ingredients, measure out your sugar and stir the eggs slightly.




In a saucepan melt the butter, then remove from the heat and stir in the sugar, eggs...




then the vanilla.




Now pour the flour mixture into the egg/sugar/butter mixture.




Stir by hand to ensure the brownies stay fudgey and not cakey. Now pour into your prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Don't overcook.




While the brownies are in the oven, prepare your frosting. These brownies are delicious without frosting also, but of course the idea of adding more chocolate on top of something already chocolatey got me all dizzy and I had to do it. I had to add a very small amount of milk to the frosting to get it to my liking, but I also read suggestions about cutting back on the powdered sugar and melting the butter first to help with this.




Once the brownies are out of the oven, let them cool slightly and then frost them.




You may want to let them cool down before cutting them and putting them on a seperate dish. I put mine in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes so I could plate them faster....and taste one. :-)




I got this recipe from www.allrecipes.com, here is the link:

http://www.allrecipes.com/Recipe/Best-Brownies/Detail.aspx

No comments: