July 11, 2010

Macaroni and Cheese



I'm pretty sure I could eat macaroni and cheese every single day,I'm just sayin. I'm addicted to cheese, but that's a story for another time. I have tried a million different recipes but promise to post only the best. You can pretty much do anything or add anything to macaroni and cheese so there will probably be several on here eventually!



This recipe was a four cheese macaroni and cheese but I sort of used what I had so bear with me. Shredded above is mild cheddar, sharp cheddar, mozzerella, and asiago. The original recipe calls for about 1/2 C. of each but I added more....because I'm crazy like that. You should probably also know, that this is the combination of cheeses that I had on hand, use whatever you like.



Then, cut up some processed cheese like Velveeta (I guess that doesn't count as a cheese since techically this is the 5th cheese). Stir your eggs and melt your butter and measure out your half and half (not shown). This can all be done while you're boiling your noodles. You will also want to spray a 9x13 inch dish right about now.



When your noodles are done and drained, mix all these ingredients together (reserve about 1/2 C of the shredded cheese to put on top later) in the hot pan you used to boil your noodles. Try to get the Velveeta to melt as this is important for the creaminess factor. Add some salt and pepper and preheat your oven to 350.



Now add the reserved shredded cheese on the top.



Bake for about 35 minutes or until the sides are all bubbly.



It's probably best to let this sit and cool for about 5 to 10 minutes, but since I don't value the skin on my tounge I dived in.



It's ok to stare at it for a minute, that's what I do.

The original recipe is from Allrecpes.com and can be found here:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Four-Cheese-Macaroni/Detail.aspx

No comments: