September 29, 2010

Montana Vacation 2010


I just got back from my Montana vacation!  We went there to surprise my grandmother for her 90th birthday.  This view is from her yard.  Isn't it beautiful?


We visited my three friends from high school who all live very different lives from one another.  It was so nice to catch up with everyone.  It was even better to see the look on my grandma's face when she saw all the family members that were there for her!


My dad called these cattle to the fence.  No, they aren't our cattle.  How did he call? I don't think I can even describe how he called them.  It could have been that they were all just standing around that tree to get out of the sun.  But they totally stood up when he called them.  Then they all started mooing.  It was a sight to see.


There they are, mooing.


There's a woodpecker.  This is the closest I've ever seen one!


This is my friends husband; not the dog - the guy driving the tractor.  :)

It was just my daughter and I on this trip and it was very memorable.  We flew to Denver where we met my dad.  Then we drove from Denver to Casper, WY where we spent the night before heading to Livingston the next day.  We had to hide out a little so my grandmother wouldn't see us in town.  I love small towns.  Actually, the entire town knew about the party and nobody told her!!  Can you believe it?
Anyway, my daughter and I got to see a lot of good friends and neighbors I haven't seen in years!  I so miss it there.  We stayed for 6 days and then flew home yesterday.  I think my daughter got some very good quality family time; I know I did!  I hope you enjoyed this small recap.  I'll be back to cooking and baking very soon!

No comments: