September 3, 2010

Onion Dip




If you are an onion lover like I am, you must try this dip.  I mean must, really, I'm not kidding.  I first made it for my daughters birthday party and got rave reviews about it.  I've since made it for another party recently and again, rave reviews.  It's super easy, way more flavorful than the dried soup mix variety.

First things first, chop the onions and caramelize them in a pan with olive oil and kosher salt.  This will usually take about 15 to 20 minutes.


See, getting golden and yummy.  My house smelled so good after making this dip.  Once they are caramelized, take them off the heat and let them cool.



Meanwhile, mix your sour cream and your mayonnaise.  To this add your garlic powder, white pepper and kosher salt.


After the onions have cooled, add them to the sour cream/mayo mixture and combine.


Refrigerate this mixture for at least two hours.  Easy breezy.

You can find the recipe here: French Onion Dip

1 comment:

Toni C. said...

I've made this dip before too and always get rave reviews. I could eat the whole bowl myself! yum!