September 14, 2010

Ranch Dressing


I have to admit that I've been making this ranch dressing for quite a while now; and until recently it hadn't occurred to me to actually blog about it.  I have no idea why.  Everyone who tries it loves it.  So, my reason for telling you all this is because the pictures you are going to see (see example above) suck.  I'm just trying not to sugar coat it.  Don't expect anything fantastic here.  In fact, I won't be offended if you just skip down to the recipe below.  Oh, and I should also mention that this recipe is made to my liking but feel free to add more, less or none at all of what you like/don't like.

OK, lets begin:


You'll need 1 cup of mayo.  NOT Miracle Whip!


Add to that, 1/2 a cup of Sour Cream.


You'll need all of these spices, or you can use fresh but keep in mind that you'll need more fresh spices to achieve the same taste as dried.  I recommend dried here.  It'll stay looking much prettier in the refrigerator than fresh.

It's all about looking pretty after all.


Buttermilk to thin it out.  This recipe is a dip or a dressing.  If you are using it as a dip you don't need the buttermilk, or at least not as much of it.  As a dressing however you TOTALLY need it.

That's all the pictures I took.  See? Sucky.

Here's the recipe:

1 Cup Mayonnaise
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
2 Tbsp Dried Chives
1 tsp Dried Parsley
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Dried Dill
1 Cup (or more) of Buttermilk

Put ingredients into a bowl (a mason jar works fantastic here) and stir/shake until mixed well. Enjoy.

No comments: