May 24, 2011

Braciole and a Dinner Party

My friend Melissa and I live on the same street, and we thought it would be fun to start a dinner club.  So once a month we have dinner at a different persons house and we invite most of the ladies from our street to join us/host the party.  So far we've done two dinners, once at Melissa's house and once at mine.  This last one was at my house, I took pictures to prove it.  In case some of you think I don't have any friends...actually these are pictures of the food, not the people.  I promise to get the people in some photographs at our June dinner.

I decided to make Braciole.  The theme was Italian and I've never made it before so, what the heck!



The cast of characters is above.  Not a ton of ingredients.  I was feeling pretty confident.


First you need to get the bread crumbs, cheese's, parsley and garlic int a bowl and mixed together.



Spread the mixture evenly on top of the flank steak.



Roll the flank steak up, jelly roll style.  Attempt to keep as much of the bread crumb mixture inside as possible. It's harder then is sounds, trust me.



Tie the flank steak with about 3 pieces of cooking twine to keep it rolled.  Heat some oil in a skillet and brown on all sides.



Add the wine and bring to a boil.



Add the marinara sauce. Cover with foil and stick it in a hot oven and cook for 30 minutes then baste with sauce and recover.  Cook for another 30 minutes, baste again.  Leave uncovered for the last 30 minutes.




It turned out tender and delicious.  Way easier than I thought it might be. 

Here are some of the other goodies that my friends brought.




Made by Teresa! Yum.  A Caprese salad, and cheesecake with strawberries!




Made by Melissa!  A yummy Caesar Salad and Pesto Hummus!


Wonderful Cioppino Soup made by Anjanette!



We had a wonderful time and learned so much about one another.  I can't wait to do it again next month!

I'm happy to get the recipes above for anyone who is interested, just leave a comment!

Here is where I found the recipe for the Braciole.

No comments: