May 29, 2011

Chunky Guacamole


Memorial Day is upon us!  I'm so excited for this long weekend to thank our Military and spend some much needed time with our family and friends.  I hope you're all going to be spending some much needed time enjoying the life that our Military has made possible for us all.

Burgers, hot dogs, potato salad, beans....and guacamole!  Traditional barbecue food that we all love.  I've been making this guacamole dip ever since I saw it on The Food Network from Ina Garten.  I just love it.  I hope you do also. 


Four Haas Avocado's



Above is the avocado, onion, tomatoes, hot sauce, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Just throw it all in a bowl.


In a medium sized bowl, use two knives to slice the avocado's into bite sized pieces while incorporating all of the other ingredients at the same time.  Make the chunks as big or small as you like. 




Yum, enjoy! Happy Memorial Day!



4 Ripe Haas Avocado's
3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
8 dashes hot pepper sauce
1/2 cup small diced onion
1 large garlic,  minced
1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
Salt and Pepper to taste

Remove the pits from the avocados, take the peel off.  Squeeze the lemon juice over the avocado.  Add the rest of the ingredients; use two knives to cut the avocado's into bite sized pieces.  Add Salt and Pepper to taste. 

I found this recipe here

No comments: