May 5, 2011

Spanish Rice


Happy Cinco de Mayo!  I know I'm posting this sort of late in the day, but better late than never.  This was delicious, I will make this again for sure. Spicy but not too spicy, full of flavor with the tomatos, chili powder and onions.  Yum!


Start by browning the rice in some oil along with the onions and peppers.



Cook until the rice browns and the onions soften.  I used brown rice, but it toasted nicely.



Now add a can of Rotel, water, Chili powder and salt.



Cook until the rice is tender - at least 30 minutes.  Mine took more like 45 because it was brown rice. Keep adding water if needed, about 1/2 at a time.



Yum, the leftovers are going to be even better tomorrow I bet.  I hope your celebrations tonight are safe and full of good food and good friends.

You can find the recipe here

No comments: