May 20, 2011

Chicken Salad


In my attempt to use leftovers/prove I eat things other than sugar I decided to make this chicken salad.  The chicken itself was a beer can chicken my dad made on the grill while he was visiting so there were some nice pieces of grilled crispy meat in here.  Delicious.  It just gets better with time too, my husband had some just yesterday and commented that it was even better then when I made it a couple of days ago.


Start by cubing up some chicken, I used both the white and dark meats here.



Bacon!



Onion - diced



Dried Cranberries



Water Chestnuts - diced



Added mayo, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper




I didn't really measure anything so I'll try to guess at the amounts I put in.  You'll need to do some taste testing if you make this to make sure it's just right for you.

3 cups chicken - diced
3/4 cup onion - diced
1/2 cup cooked bacon - diced
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 water chestnuts - diced
1 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste.

Dice up the first 5 ingredients (no need to dice the cranberries) and add to a bowl.  Making them all about the same size looks nice for presentation but isn't necessary.
Mix the mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper in a small bowl and then add to the chicken mixture.  Stir until evenly coated, adding more mayonnaise if needed. 
Server immediately or refrigerate overnight.  It just gets better the longer it sits.

Some additional add-ins that would be yummy.

Tabasco sauce
celery
apple
cheddar chunks
chili powder

No comments: