June 29, 2011

Peach Margarita

I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not; but recently my friend and I went with our kids to do some peach and blueberry picking.


We picked these...



And I brought home all this.

So needless to say, it was time to find some recipes and ways to use all this fruit.  Since my birthday is in June I decided it might be fun to have a  little get together and serve up some peach margarita's.  I was right, it was a good idea.



I decided to make the pureed mixture ahead of time, and when guests arrive I could just throw some ice in the blender and add some puree and do the frozen drinks as needed.



First, add a whole peach (that's been washed) into the blender.  I cut mine up a little first. 


Add the Tequila; Peach Schnapps


Next, add the sugar.


Lime juice and Triple Sec (optional)


The picture above is just the pureed mixture.  I blended it with some ice when people were ready for a drink and it came out nice and frothy.  Sugar the rims if you want to get fancy.  If you want to get really fancy you can add lime zest into the sugar first and then sugar the rims.  I didn't do that.  WAY to fancy for me.

 Here's what you'll need (this recipe is only for one drink), I must have made this 6 or 7 times just to fill the pitcher I had for the party.

4 ounces, Silver Tequila
2 ounces, Peach Schnapps
1 whole lime, juiced
2 Tbsp white sugar
1 whole medium sized peach
1/2 C ice, crushed
1 tsp. Triple Sec (optional)

What to do:

Add all the ingredients into the mixer and blend well.  Add water if needed to reach the desired consistency.  If you want to make it ahead of time, just puree all the ingredients (except the ice) and keep refrigerated until ready, then add the ice and blend right before serving.

To sugar the rims of the glasses, you can just use plain sugar or even add lime zest to it.  Get the rims of your glasses wet with a little water and then dip them into the sugar mixture.  Keeping the glasses frozen until you're ready for them is also a nice presentation. Sugar the rims right before you fill the glasses.

This recipe was found here

No comments: