June 10, 2011

Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce


Finally, a healthy recipe!  I knew I had it in me, somewhere...anyhoo, I love salmon and I just happened to have some at home that I needed to use so it was perfect timing finding this recipe.

What's great about this is that there isn't very much that you would need to run out and buy.  Maybe the lemons - but the rest I'll bet you have right within reach.

I loved this recipe.  It was easy, healthy, tasty, and believe me when I say I could use the Creamy Dill Sauce for sandwiches for the rest of my life!  I love this stuff!


Get a couple good sized pieces of salmon and lay it down on a lightly sprayed piece of tin foil. 



Sprinkle the salmon with Lemon Pepper and Onion Salt.



Place the onion circles and lemons on top...


Top with some pieces of butter.



Fold the tin foil around the salmon to make a tight little packet.  Put the packet on a rimmed sheet like a jelly roll pan.



While the salmon cooks; mix up the Dill Sauce.  Sour Cream, Mayo, Dill, Minced Onion, Horseradish, Lemon Juice, Garlic Salt and Pepper to taste.



Once the Salmon has cooked for 20 minutes inside the packet, open it up and put it under the broiler for another 8 - 10 minutes until the fish flakes.



Serve the fish with the dill sauce and enjoy. 

Did I mention how much I love the dill sauce?

I found the recipe here. The information below was taken directly from the Taste of Home website.

Ingredients
1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)
1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
1 teaspoon onion salt
1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
6 lemon slices
1/4 cup butter


DILL SAUCE:
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
3/4 teaspoon dill weed
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
Pepper to taste

Directions

Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil; grease lightly. Place salmon skin side down on foil. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper and onion salt. Top with onion and lemon. Dot with butter. Fold foil around salmon; seal tightly,

Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Open foil. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

Combine the sauce ingredients until smooth. Serve with salmon.

2 comments:

Peg said...

Sounds delicious - I love salmon, too. The dill sauce would not be approved on my program, but once I make my goal, this will be on my menu. Yummy!

Alyssamay's said...

Finally! Something you can cook huh? The Salmon was great with just some fresh lemon on the top also. :)