August 20, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies


I figured I'd better hurry up and get this posted since I actually made these for the Fourth of July.  Yeah, I'm really on top of things around here.

I knew I wanted a peanut butter cookie of some kind; I just wasn't sure what kind exactly.  So this recipe is sort of the result of a great recipe and not enough time to run to the grocery store for all the proper ingredients. I plan to get back and try the original recipe because this got so many compliments I can only imagine that the original would be above and beyond delicious.

These cookies came together quickly and easily and were very peanut buttery and chewy.  Exactly what I hoped for!


The only thing I did different than the original recipe was add semi-sweet chocolate chunks instead of Snickers bars. 

Original recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod found here.

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks

Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl mix together all the dry ingredients.

In the bowl of your stand mixer beat the butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugars and mix until well incorporated and smooth. Add the egg, then the vanilla and the milk incorporating well after each addition.

Add the flour mixture slowly and mix until the flour has disappeared.  Add the chocolate chips and mix in using a spatula.

Add rounded tablespoon scoops to the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10-11 minutes.

Let cool slightly on the cookie sheet before moving to a cooling rack.

Makes about 3 dozen.

No comments: