August 22, 2011

Salisbury Steak


Not long ago the temperatures around here dropped below 90 degrees; so it was time for me to break out the comfort food recipes and turn on the heat.  OK, not really turn on the heat but after all our 100 degree temps it certainly did feel like fall had arrived. 

I can't believe it's taken me so long to try Salisbury Steak.  I mean it's not like I've never had it; of course I have, many times; but I've never actually made it myself.  I will from now on, it was easy and delicious.  I actually couldn't wait to bring some leftovers with me to work the next day.  Totally delish, you gotta try this.



Mix the hamburger, bread crumbs, egg, french onion soup, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.



Shape the burger mixture into 6 oval shaped patties.  I have no idea why they need to be oval shaped.  You could be a rebel and make them square.  That's what I'll do next time.



Brown them on both sides and then drain off the excess fat.



In another bowl mix together the remaining soup, ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce, flour and mustard powder and then pour over the browned burgers.

Cover and cook for 20 minutes.




This is so delicious, put this recipe down as one of your must try fall recipes. 

Salisbury Steak
Recipe found here: Salisbury Steak

Ingredients

  • 1 can condensed French onion soup
  • 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
  • 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder

Directions


  1. Mix the ground beef, 1/3 cup of the french onion soup, bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl until well incorporated.  Shape into six oval patties and then brown on both sides in a large skillet. Pour off any remaining fat in the skillet.
  2. In a separate bowl combine the rest of the french onion soup, ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce, flour and mustard powder and whisk until combined.  Pour this mixture over the patties, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.


No comments: