August 9, 2011

Vi D's Bean Salad


My niece recently gave me this recipe and told me how addictive it was.  I found that hard to believe, because as you can see it's all veggies.  What's so addictive about that?  I admit, I was wrong.  This is so very addictive.  It's the yummy vinaigrette that does it.  I'm pretty sure you could fill this full of all your favorite veggies and as long as you kept the vinaigrette the same it would be fantastic!


Chop up a small red pepper and a small red onion.



Add a can of black beans that have been rinsed.



Add a can of corn - drained.



One can of chick-peas (garbanzo beans) - rinsed.




Pour the magic elixir over the top and refrigerate for at least 3 hours but preferably overnight.



Eat, eat some more, then go get some more and eat that too.  It's delicious. 

To my Niece Carol - you da bomb.  To Carol's friend Vi D. where Carol got the recipe - you da bomb too!

Here's what you'll need:

1 can black beans (drain)
1 can corn (drain)
1 can chick peas or garbanzo beans (drained)
1/2 large red onion chopped
1 red pepper chopped

1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoon of sugar
2 tablespoon of Tabasco

Chop the red onion and red pepper and add to a mixing bowl.  Open the can's of black beans and drain it then rinse and add to the mixing bowl. Open the can of corn and drain and add to the mixing bowl.  Open the can of chick peas and drain and rinse; then add to the mixing bowl.  In a separate small bowl add the vinegar, vegetable oil, sugar and Tabasco sauce (this does not make the dish too spicy, trust me) and mix well.  Pour over the other ingredients and mix well.  Cover and refrigerate for at least three hours but over night is best.  Serve cold.




No comments: