September 1, 2011

Asian Lettuce Wraps


Looking for something light and easy for dinner.  You gotta try these!  Totally delicious and full of flavor.  You will need to have some Asian condiments on hand but after you taste these you'll go back to making them over and over.

The recipe is the P.F. Chang's recipe that seems to be all over the Internet.  I just chose one that had most of the ingredients I already had. :) You can have these babies on your table in less time then it would take to get them at a restaurant.


Some of the cast.  Sorry that I didn't take very many pictures for this post.  Things moved along pretty quickly and I wasn't as prepared as I (usually) try to be.


I didn't use any Chili Pepper Sauce because I was hoping my daughter would give these a try (she didn't). My husband it's a huge fan of ground chicken but even he found these delicious! Yay!

Recipe found here

Boston, bibb or butter lettuce leaves
1 pound ground chicken breast
1 large onion, chopped
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons Asian chili pepper sauce (I didn't use this)
1 can (8 ounce size) sliced water chestnuts, drained, finely chopped
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil


Rinse the lettuce and let them drain.

Cook and break apart the ground chicken.  Add onion, garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, vinegar and chili sauce and mix well. Cook until the meat is fully cooked, brown and well broken up. Add the water chestnuts and green onions and cook until the onions begin to wilt.

Stir in the sesame oil last and remove from the heat.

Serve by placing a spoonful of filling into the center of each lettuce leaf and eat like a taco.  Enjoy!




No comments: