September 16, 2011

Sweet Cornbread


I realize that living in the South means I should be making cornbread about once a week; but I always forget about cornbread as an option.  It's so weird too because I love it! Now, I'm not the traditional "no sugar" cornbread fan but I'm not really from the South either so I guess I'm excused.

I've tried a lot of different recipes for cornbread but I'm really liking this one.  It comes together quickly and bakes up perfectly.  Just sweet enough without being too sweet.  Even my picky eater likes this.  Perfect along side a big bowl of chili or your favorite fried chicken!



Sweet Cornbread
Recipe from AllRecipes


Ingredients
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup yellow cornmeal
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup milk or buttermilk
  • 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400
  2. Spray a 9 inch round cake pan with non-stick spray
  3. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients first, then add the wet and stir until incorporated.
  4. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

No comments: