April 10, 2012

Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Bites



Things are heating up in the South.

I think I've mentioned how we didn't get much of a winter.  I'm not bitter about it.  Wait, yes I am.  I like winter.  I want snow and sweaters and roaring fires.  Yes, you're right I should probably move out of the South but I like it here too.  Usually we'll get at least one good snowfall a year and that holds me over.  Not this year.  Boy I get on a tangent easily don't I?

I usually have some hot weather treats in my freezer like ice cream and pop cycles, but I'm trying to find some treats that are a little more diet friendly.  We've all had frozen chocolate covered banana's before so I'm sure this is not new to you.  The only difference is that these are bite sized and you only need two ingredients. 



I bag of Hershey's Special Dark chocolate chips.



Four bananas, cut into bite sized pieces.


Walla.  Delicious.  Pretty darn healthy - hello, dark chocolate is good for you!

Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Bites

4 bananas
1 bag Hershey's Special Dark chocolate chips

Cut up the banana's into bite sized pieces and set aside.

Line a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with wax paper.

In a double boiler, heat the bag of chocolate chips over simmering water. Stir often and remove from the heat when the chocolate is all melted and smooth.  Do not over heat!

Dip each banana in the chocolate and cover completely.  Place on the wax paper.  When all the banana bites are covered and on the wax paper, put the cookie sheet into the freezer for about an hour. Remove the pieces and place in a freezer safe plastic storage bag.

Enjoy!




1 comment: