April 2, 2012

Man-Pleasing Chicken


I'd have to agree with the title of this recipe.  My husband is not a fan of dark meat chicken but he really liked this.  I on the other hand am a fan of chicken thighs and I loved this recipe too. 

Very easy to throw together for a quick dinner!


Combine the mustard, syrup and vinegar in a heat proof dish and mix well.

Salt and pepper your chicken and then roll it around in the sauce to make sure everything is covered.

Place in the oven and cook for 40 minutes.  How easy is that?

The chicken was super tender and wasn't overpowered by the mustard flavor at all.  I actually marinated mine in the sauce for a couple of hours before I cooked it because I had some time constraints but it was really good.  I'm not sure if marinating it for those two hours really made a difference or not. 

I served this with mushroom risotto (to be posted soon) and mixed vegetables.
Man Pleasing Chicken
Found at "Witty in the City" here

1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Salt and pepper the chicken and place into a heat proof baking dish. Set aside.
Use a small bowl to mix the mustard, maple syrup and vinegar. Pour over the top of the chicken and use your hands to roll each piece around and ensure they are all coated evenly.

Bake for 40 minutes or until the chicken is at 165 degrees, basting once halfway through cooking.

Pour some extra sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with fresh rosemary right before serving if desired.






No comments: