August 31, 2012

Crab Rangoon Dip


I thought for sure that everyone had experienced a Crab Rangoon at some time in their lives but I was shocked to learn that some people didn't have any idea what I was talking about.  For those of you who are in that group of people who don't know what the heck I'm talking about here is a little run down.  Crab Rangoon's can be found at most quick Chinese restaurants and they are usually made of a won ton that is filled with a cream cheese/crab mixture and then fried.  They are delicious. They are not very healthy but when you're out eating Chinese food, healthy choices are sometimes hard to find.

I discovered this recipe on Pinterest of course.  I was looking for a quick recipe that I could make on limited time.  I'm so glad I found this one.  It really does taste like the filling you would find inside of a Rangoon.  The website I found it on indicated that it's best served with fried won ton strips but obviously those would be hard to find and hard to "quickly" make so I just served it with tortilla chips.  It must have been a hit at the party I brought it too because after only about 3 hours it was all gone.

I'll happily keep this in my arsenal for quick dips!


Crab Rangoon Dip
Found at Reckless Abandon


Ingredients
  • 2 cans crab meat
  • 2 (8 oz) blocks of cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 4 green onions, chopped
  • 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp lemon juice
Cooking Directions
  1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Soften the cream cheese either by leaving out on your counter for several hours or by microwaving for 1 minute or so.
  3. Chop your green onions and add them and the drained crab meat to the cream cheese mixture.
  4. Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix well.
  5. Transfer the mixture to a oven proof dish and cook for about 30 minutes.

No comments: