October 17, 2012

Chunky Apple Pumpkin Bread



We've been super busy around here trying to get ready for a big neighborhood wide garage sale coming up this weekend and you know what it's made me realize? I hold on to WAY too much stuff.  We have our garage almost filled with stuff for the sale and it doesn't really even look like it made much of a dent in my house.  I was expecting entire rooms to be empty but nope, that's not what happened. Oh well, hopefully some other families find all my old baby stuff useful.  Did I mention how sad I am to be getting rid of some of my baby stuff?

Sniff, sniff.

OK I won't cry.  I'll just drown my sorrow's in apple pumpkin bread.  That's what any good mother would do.

I'm really pleased with this bread.  The tart apples give your mouth a nice little party every time you bite into one. The bread is super moist and perfectly seasoned.  My husband likes to grill it so there are some nice golden brown pieces on each side.  Oh and as a bonus it makes your house smell awesome while it's baking!



Chunky Apple Pumpkin Bread
Recipe from Taste of Home


Ingredients
  • 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 /2 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp ground cloves
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup canola oil (I used vegetable oil)
  • 1 cup chopped peeled tart apples
  • 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
Cooking Directions
  1. In a large bowl combine all of the dry ingredients, the first 8 ingredients above.
  2. In the bowl of your stand mixer add the remaining wet ingredients excluding the apples and walnuts.
  3. Mix the wet ingredients until incorporated thoroughly and then add the dry ingredients just until moist.
  4. Fold in the apples and walnuts.
  5. Pour the mixture into a 9x5 inch loaf pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
  6. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours or 1 3/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  7. Cool for 10 minutes before removing the bread to a wire rack.

No comments: