October 10, 2012

Mint Chocolate Delights


My family and I packed ourselves into the car yesterday and headed out to pick some apples.  That's what you do in October right? I was so excited, my daughter was excited, my husband was....well he agreed to come with us so that's something.  Just kidding, he seemed excited.  We drove an hour and got there to find out that they had already picked all of the apples two weeks ago because of an early harvest.  Oh well, we bought some apples anyway.  I smell apple pie in our future today.

Apples really have nothing to do with today's recipe.  I'm not sure why I even brought it up.  Forgive me.

Mint makes me think of the holidays.  Does it do that for you to?

Mint actually does have some significance in today's recipe.  When winter arrives I always stock up on some of Nestle Toll House dark chocolate and mint morsels.  I just snack on them mostly but a couple of days ago I decided to go ahead and bake with them too.  What a novel idea huh?

The cookie itself is a chocolate cookie and the only mint added is the morsels so you're not getting overwhelmed here.  These are sort of a chewy/cakey type cookie.  They are chewy initially and then get sort of cakey after the first day.  Either way, they are delicious.  These would make a great addition to any upcoming holiday parties you might be attending....or in your own personal cookie jar.  Just sayin'.


Mint Chocolate Delights
From Nestle Toll House


Ingredients
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup baking cocoa
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 2/3 cup (10 oz. pkg) Nestle Toll House Chocolate & Mint Morsels
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  2. In a medium bowl combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
  3. In the bowl of your stand mixer beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time beating after each addition.
  4. Gradually add the flour mixture until combined and then mix in the morsels.
  5. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an un-greased cookie sheet.
  6. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes. Cookies will looked puffed and the centers should be set.
  7. Cool on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes and then remove to a wire cooling rack.
Makes about 4 dozen.

No comments: