April 10, 2013

Steak Tip Marinade



It's that time of year again, break out the grills and little plastic swimming pools.  Temperatures here are making me wish our community pool was open. We're making due with running through the sprinklers instead.  My husband decided a couple of days ago that he was going grill me some steak tips, one of my favorites!  If you're going to grill steak tips, you gotta have a good marinade and this one is awesome!


I had to stray from the recipe slightly since I didn't have a bottle of barbecue sauce in my refrigerator and I didn't want to run out.  I'd say it was a winner since these steak tips didn't need anything additional and I couldn't get enough!


We marinaded our tips for about 24 hours prior to grilling.  Make sure to pull the meat out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before grilling to they can come up in temperature.


Leave a little bit of space between the pieces so there can be even heat distribution.  We cooked ours for 5 minutes per side and they were perfect.  When you pull them off the grill let them sit for 5 - 10 minutes before eating so the juices can redistribute.

I'm telling you, you will want to try this marinade early this year so you can use it all year long, as I will be.  Love it!

Steak Tip Marinade
Recipe modified slightly from allrecipes.com


Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1 cup Italian style dressing
  • 1 cup steak sauce (I used Peter Luger Old Fashioned Steak Sauce, found in the refrigerated section of the meat counter at my grocery store)
  • 2 pounds beef sirloin tip steaks
Cooking Directions
  1. Whisk all of the ingredients except steak tips together in a small bowl.
  2. Add the steak tips to a dish that has a lid (or use plastic wrap).
  3. Pour the mixture over the steak tips and turn to coat.
  4. Refrigerate for at least an hour, longer is better.
  5. Brush the grill with some olive oil to prevent sticking and cook the steak tips for 5 - 8 minutes on each side or until they've reached the desired doneness.
  6. Discard marinade.

No comments: