I can tell you, that these are mighty tasty. They would make a welcome addition to any barbecue you might be heading to this weekend or even just a little snack you take with you to the pool or beach.
Awesome with a cold glass of milk
They really are big, fat and chewy. Lots of buttery flavor, chewy inside with a crunchy outside. I loved these cookies and so did my family!
Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from AllRecipes.com
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- preheat the oven to 325º
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add the butter, brown and white sugar, vanilla extract, egg and yolk and mix until creamy.
- In a separate bowl add the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredient into the wet ingredients and mix until blended.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix in by hand.
- Use a cookie scoop or a 1/4 cup to scoop the dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. These are large cookies so they need to be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until the edges are just becoming golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.