June 7, 2013

PW's Barbecue Sauce



Another rainy day here in the South, how about you? I'm not complaining, it saves me from having to water the garden (which is exploding right now).  All this rain has really helped and my tomato plants are huge!

It's also the time of year where there's at least one cookout every weekend.  I mention this because you might need some barbecue sauce and maybe you don't have any on hand.  Or maybe you want to try something new.  Or maybe you always make your own.  I'll stop.

I tried this sauce with some pulled pork I made a while ago and loved it.  It's the sweet kind that my husband loves and was perfect for our pork but I also used it later on some salmon I grilled and it was also delicious.

I hope you have some fun plans this weekend, and hopefully they involve this sauce somehow!

PW's Barbecue Sauce
From The Pioneer Woman


Ingredients
  • 1 Tbsp Canola oil
  • 1/4 whole onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 4 Tbsp distilled vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/3 cup molasses
  • 4 Tbsp chipotle and adobo (I didn't have any)
  • dash of salt
Cooking Directions
  1. Mix all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Let simmer for about 20 minutes or so.

No comments: