This is the dessert I made for my husband for Fathers Day. He liked it. He's a huge blueberry lover so I thought this would be a nice change from the blueberry pie I usually make. I think it was a refreshing change and I'm glad I tried it. If you're not much of a sour cream fan then don't worry, it's not a overpowering sour cream flavor. The blueberries were definitely the star and the sour cream just added the creaminess.
I recommend refrigerating or even slightly freezing it so it cuts well, otherwise it did sort of spread out a bit.
I hope all you fathers out there had a great day!
Sour Cream Blueberry Pie
Recipe from Cinnamon Freud via Bon Appetite Desserts
- 1 fresh or frozen pie crust
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Partially bake your pie crust for about 6 minutes.
- Turn the oven to 400º if it's not already there.
- Whisk all of the ingredients (except the blueberries) in a large bowl.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour filling into the warm pie crust and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- The filling should jiggle slightly in the middle but be set on the sides.
- Cool to room temperature.