I was surprised at how crispy they got, I can see how people really can substitute these for some other veggie crisps. I did enjoy them although could only eat a small amount because I'm not familiar with eating kale routinely and there's no avoiding the flavor here. The crispy edges added a nice nuttiness to the flavor that I enjoyed. They don't really keep very well, they sort of lost their crispiness overnight so I'd just make as much as you think you can eat that same day.
Very glad I tried these, I can see how they can fix up an craving for a crunchy salty snack when you're trying to avoid potato chips. Very good alternative.
Baked Kale Chips
Recipe from AllRecipes
- 1 bunch Kale
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350º
- Line a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet with parchment paper or tin foil.
- Cut the kale into bite sized pieces, removing the thick stem. Wash and dry thoroughly.
- Spread the kale into a single layer and drizzle oil over the top until they all have a little oil on them. I used my hands to try to get the oil spread evenly on each piece.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, be careful to check frequently to ensure the ends of the kale aren't getting burnt.
- Salt immediately after removing from the oven if you desire.