August 12, 2013

Montana Summer Vacation 2013


As promised, I wanted to share some of the pictures we took on vacation. This is the Gallatin River on the way toward Bozeman, Montana. It was very early in the morning, we were driving through the night to get to my dad's house, don't ask.


Morning walk was spectacular.


Yellowstone River, my family was down a little ways fishing.


My daughter and I were playing in the shallow parts.  I was trying to teach her the fine art of walking on slippery rocks while not falling on your tush. She's a quick learner.


There were all kinds of minnows and dragon flies.  It was fun and relaxing.  You can see a sweater being worn in this picture.  It would have been hot if the wind wasn't blowing, but it was, this is Montana after all.


We also got to see my sister's little colt.  Isn't he cute!  That's his pretty mama behind him.


Horseback riding is a must when we visit. Thankfully my sister has some to spare. :)


This was taken somewhere in Idaho on our way back to Salt Lake City.  We were going to catch a midnight flight from there - that didn't happen.  We stayed in Salt Lake City that night, stayed all the next day at the airport, finally flew to Denver and stayed the night there.  Flew out of Denver early the next morning.  Fun stuff.

I'm back to cooking up a storm this week.  I did want to show you one more thing that we heard about and tried while there.


We used a peanut butter cup instead of plain chocolate for our Smores. It was G.O.O.D.

No comments: