August 7, 2013

Fantastic Fruit Salad


We finally made it back home!  It was a long, long process.  I had such a good time visiting my family in Montana that it overpowers our struggles to get home. I will be posting pictures soon, I still need to figure out how to get some off of my phone....I guess I'll google that.

While we were there, my aunt made us several meals and this fruit salad was at two of them.  It was a definite hit.  Even though I didn't make this myself, I felt it had to be shared.


Talk about the perfect summer fruit salad.  Since there isn't any dairy this can be brought on a picnic where refrigeration isn't possible.  The pie filling made the salad smooth and added a nice sweetness.  I really liked the use of fresh strawberries vs frozen, I would definitely make this again.

Fantastic Fruit Salad

Recipe from my aunt Cathy

Ingredients
  • 2 cans mandarin oranges, drained
  • 2 cans (15 oz) pineapple chunks, drained
  • 1 (16 oz) package frozen strawberries (she used fresh)
  • 1 can peach pie filling
  • 1 can apricot pie filling (she couldn't find this so she used 2 can's of peach)
  • 2 banana's, sliced
Cooking Directions
  1. Add all of the ingredients into a medium bowl and gently mix together.

No comments: