Sometimes you just gotta have a brownie right? I don't know what it is but every so often I just gotta have one and nothing else will do. I've made some amazing one's in the past but there are so many different recipes that I feel it is my duty to try as many as possible.
I also like to change it up a bit by adding frosting to my brownies sometimes but I find it hard to find the perfect texture and flavor. A regular cake frosting doesn't always do the trick for me. I lucked out on that aspect by finding this frosting recipe.
The last necessity I have for a good brownie is that is chewy and fudge more than caky. If I wanted cake I'd eat cake. Know what I mean? I lucked out by finding this recipe too, it totally fits the bill in the texture department for me.
And most importantly it was the perfect thing for my craving. I'm a very happy camper right now.
One last thing, I realize I have Halloween sprinkles on these brownies, I did in fact just make these this weekend and I could only find Halloween sprinkles, and sprinkles were a requirement of my daughter. Feel free to use whatever sprinkles you have on hand, or exclude. I leave that to your discretion.
Chewy Triple Chocolate Brownies
Recipe modified slightly from AllRecipes
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chunks (or nuts of your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 350º
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch dish
- In the bowl of your stand mixer combine the sugar, flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder and mix until combined.
- In a separate medium bowl combine the oil, eggs, corn syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk together.
- Pour the liquid mix into the flour mix and combine. Fold in the chocolate chips (or nuts) and then pour into the prepared dish.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Set aside to let cool slightly while you make the frosting.
Recipe from AllRecipes
- 6 Tbsp milk
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- Add the butter, milk and sugar to a medium sized saucepan and cook until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolving. Bring to a full boil and boil for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat immediately.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and mix until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and mix.
- Pour over the warm brownies.