November 25, 2013

Chewy Triple Chocolate Brownies



Sometimes you just gotta have a brownie right? I don't know what it is but every so often I just gotta have one and nothing else will do.  I've made some amazing one's in the past but there are so many different recipes that I feel it is my duty to try as many as possible.

I also like to change it up a bit by adding frosting to my brownies sometimes but I find it hard to find the perfect texture and flavor.  A regular cake frosting doesn't always do the trick for me.  I lucked out on that aspect by finding this frosting recipe.

The last necessity I have for a good brownie is that is chewy and fudge more than caky.  If I wanted cake I'd eat cake.  Know what I mean? I lucked out by finding this recipe too, it totally fits the bill in the texture department for me.

And most importantly it was the perfect thing for my craving.  I'm a very happy camper right now.

One last thing, I realize I have Halloween sprinkles on these brownies, I did in fact just make these this weekend and I could only find Halloween sprinkles, and sprinkles were a requirement of my daughter.  Feel free to use whatever sprinkles you have on hand, or exclude.  I leave that to your discretion.



Chewy Triple Chocolate Brownies
Recipe modified slightly from AllRecipes


Ingredients
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup chocolate chunks (or nuts of your choice)
Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 350º
  2. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch dish
  3. In the bowl of your stand mixer combine the sugar, flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder and mix until combined. 
  4. In a separate medium bowl combine the oil, eggs, corn syrup and vanilla extract.  Whisk together. 
  5. Pour the liquid mix into the flour mix and combine.  Fold in the chocolate chips (or nuts) and then pour into the prepared dish. 
  6. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 30 minutes. 
  7. Set aside to let cool slightly while you make the frosting. 

Brownie Frosting
Recipe from AllRecipes


Ingredients
  • 6 Tbsp milk
  • 6 Tbsp butter
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 dash vanilla extract
Directions
  1. Add the butter, milk and sugar to a medium sized saucepan and cook until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolving.  Bring to a full boil and boil for 30 seconds. 
  2. Remove from the heat immediately. 
  3. Stir in the chocolate chips and mix until smooth.  Add the vanilla extract and mix. 
  4. Pour over the warm brownies. 

No comments: