Are you looking to shake things up for dinner? Who isn't! This recipe is fast and easy. You can have it on the table in less then 30 minutes and it's totally delicious!
Most of us have had sweet and sour chicken at a favorite Chinese restaurant right? This is the same sauce (only without all the MSG) and it's over meatballs which can be bought frozen or even pre-mixed and shaped into balls for you at your local meat department. How cool is that?
Serve with a nice salad, rice or noodles and you've got yourself a fast meal that will make your family happy.
Unless your family is like my daughter, who apparently doesn't like sweet and sour. What can I say, I just keep trying!
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Recipe from TasteOfHome
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 3 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 30 fresh (cooked) or frozen meatballs
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces (optional)
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
- Drain the can of pineapple into a measuring cup and set the pineapple chunks to the side for use later. You are looking for 1 cup of pineapple juice, add water if needed to make 1 cup.
- Add the pineapple juice, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch to a large saucepan and whisk until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thick. Add the pineapple chunks, green pepper and meatballs. Simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over hot rice if desired.