July 30, 2015

2-Ingredient Pizza Dough


Pizza isn't one of those things I can wrap my mind around ahead of time.  I think that's the reason frozen pizza's are so popular, they're a last minute thing.  Well, this recipe solves that problem.  If I can just remember to have plain Greek yogurt in my refrigerator I'll never need to buy frozen pizza again.

This recipe is easy to throw together (I mean come one, two ingredients?) just keep at it until it becomes a smooth dough.  I heated my pizza stone in the oven prior to even starting the dough.

The crust became nice and crispy on the bottom.  I found that one dough ball was the perfect size for my large pizza stone and it turned out like a pretty thin crust.  Obviously you can roll it out to your desired thickness.

As far as taste goes, it was quite good.  I think that some of the longer crusts (that need to rise) have a better taste but this one was totally delicious especially when you consider it only took 10 minutes to prepare and roll out and top.  I baked mine for about 15 minutes.  It also made me feel good to know I made it with my own two hands and there weren't any pesky preservatives added.  It's homemade, but really really fast.  Great recipe to have on hand for those times you don't "plan" on having pizza.

2-Ingredient Pizza Dough
Recipe from The Food Network



Ingredients
  • 1 3/4 cups self rising flour
  • 1 cup full fat or 2% Greek yogurt
Cooking Directions
  1. Mix both ingredients into a shaggy dough, then dump onto a lightly floured work area and knead into a smooth dough. 
  2. Roll into one large round pizza or two smaller ones.  Top and bake on a stone that has preheated in your oven set to 500º. 
  3. Can be refrigerated for up to two days.  Let come up to room temperature before rolling out. 

No comments: