January 24, 2011

Quick Carmel


What do you do with a leftover can of Sweetened Condensed Milk? Make Carmel.  I knew I'd seen a recipe somewhere on how to make Carmel with this stuff so it didn't take long to find it on the Internet.
This is quick, easy and mess free for the most part. 

I dolloped some on apple slices and snacked on these.  The texture is nice and smooth with that lovely Carmel taste.  I could totally eat spoonfuls of this stuff...but I didn't. 


Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a 9" pie plate.



Cover with aluminum foil and place into a larger dish.



Pour some water into the larger dish and then carefully put it into the oven.



Bake at 425 for an hour.



Now whisk until smooth.  Lovely.  Delicious.




Mmmmmm, I want more.

Pour 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk into 9″ pie plate. Cover with aluminum foil; place in larger shallow pan. Fill larger pan with hot water. Bake at 425°F for 1 hour or until thick and caramel-colored. Beat until smooth.


For some different cooking methods click here

No comments: