March 13, 2012

Chocolate Mint Cupcakes with Mint Frosting


How bout this, I'm actually going to get a holiday recipe out BEFORE the actual holiday arrives.  Man I'm getting better every day!

Yes I am patting myself on the back right now, why?

Anyway, I decided to try to come up with my own little St. Patrick's Day cupcake since it seems like everyone is being way creative.  I'm not sure this is WAY creative but I think they turned out pretty nicely.

Did I mention it involves Mint Oreo's?  Did I mention you can switch the Mint Oreo for a York Peppermint Patty if you want? Just sayin.  You have options.


This recipe is easy.  Just drop an Oreo or peppermint patty on the bottom of the cupcake liner before you fill it with batter.  Fill it about 3/4 full and bake as directed.

I topped mine with a Thin Mint broken in quarters.

I used the Devils Food recipe from here.
In addition, you will need 2 Pkg's of either Mint Oreo's or York Peppermint Patties.

Mint Buttercream Frosting

2 sticks of butter, softened
2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
Green Food Coloring - optional

Put the softened butter in the bowl of your stand mixer and mix on medium until the butter is light and fluffy - about 5 minutes.  Turn the mixer to low and add the confectioners sugar and extract.  Mix for another couple of minutes until smooth and add the food coloring until you reach your desired shade of green.


No comments: