March 2, 2012

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins


Why do I constantly have banana's on my counter that are overripe?  Why do I keep buying banana's if my family can't eat them fast enough.  My freezer if packed full of banana's and yet here I am buying more. I'll never learn. 

Lucky for me my family does enjoy and quickly eats things made out of bananas.  Like smoothies, breads and muffins so these didn't last long.  Plus, freezing muffins is a great trick.  I'm not sure why some people think you can't freeze them but you certainly can.  I just throw mine is a freezer bag and when I need one I pull it out and pop it in the microwave for about 45 seconds to a minute.  Saves time on busy weekday mornings.

I went online looking for a banana muffin of some sort and was happy when I found this one for a couple of reasons.  The addition of both peanut butter and chocolate chips.  I really can't think of any reason this recipe wouldn't work out with that line up.  I also loved how it has oatmeal in it.  I'm a fan of oatmeal anything and especially loved that fact that these added a little nutrition on the sly. The flavors were wonderful in my opinion.  Not too much of any one flavor but you can taste the banana, peanut butter and chocolate chips all at once.  So delish!  I brought some to my daughters daycare and all the kids loved them. Yay me!


Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Found on "Dinners, Dishes and Desserts" here

1 cup flour
3/4 cup quick cooking oats
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup banana, mashed (about 2 bananas)
1 egg
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Heat your oven to 375 degrees.

Prepare your muffin pan by either using cupcake papers or by spraying the muffin cups liberally with cooking spray.

Mix all of the dry ingredients in one bowl and then mix all the wet ingredients in another bowl.  Combine them and mix just until combined.

Fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full and bake for 14-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool in the pan for a few minutes before putting on a cooling wrack.

Makes about 16 muffins.

No comments: