I made this chocolate sauce just before Christmas and we LOVED it! Full of chocolate and simple to make. Great to make chocolate milk or as a topping.
I love this sauce because you probably have all the ingredients in your house to make this right now and you will not regret having it. We started to look for reasons or ways to use it.
Put this on your "must try" list!
Homemade Chocolate Sauce
Recipe from Mel's Kitchen Cafe
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Mix the sugars, salt and cocoa powder in a large sauce pan until combined and smooth.
- Add the water and whisk until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Heat the mixture on medium high heat to a boil, then reduce to medium low for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract and incorporate well.
- Pour the mixture into a heat proof jar and let cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate in an air tight container.
- To make chocolate milk, add about 2 Tbsp of the chocolate sauce to an 8 oz glass of milk and mix well. Add more if needed.