January 29, 2013

Thin and Crisp Chocolate Chip Cookies


I made these cookies for the Chocolate Mocha Icebox Cake that I made for my husbands birthday here.  I had about half the batch leftover and my husband and daughter polished them off pretty quickly.  I tend to be more of a chewy cookie person myself but I have to admit that these little babies were quite tasty.

They are exactly as the name says, thin and crisp.  They have a nice buttery flavor and are perfect dunked into a nice cold glass of milk.

Even though I used these to go inside another dessert I would absolutely make them again for a party or just to have around the house.  They are the perfect crispy chocolate chip cookie.


Look at how thin they are!



Thin and Crisp Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from Martha Stewart

Ingredients
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a medium bowl combine the flour and baking soda.
  3. In the bowl of your stand mixer combine the butter and both sugars and mix until light and fluffy on medium speed.
  4. Add the salt, 1/4 cup of water, vanilla and eggs into the egg mixture. Combine on low speed.
  5. Slowly add the flour mixture and combine well.
  6. Add the chocolate chips and mix until combined.
  7. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop a heaping Tbsp sized ball about 2 inches apart.
  8. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
  9. Let cool and then transfer to an airtight container and store up to a week.

No comments: