March 14, 2014

Easy Cream Cheese Truffles


This isn't the first time you've seen this recipe here.  I say that because I posted about it here, where I originally had it at a dinner club we had recently. I loved them and knew I'd make them again soon.

This truffle recipe is so easy to make.  You do need to allow about an hour of refrigerator time so they will be easier to roll into ball shapes. I decorated them for a Saint Patricks Day party I am attending this weekend but you could decorate them for any holiday party, cookout, intimate gathering, or just for yourself.  Not that I would EVER make a batch just for my own consumption.  Never.  Nope. Not me.

Well anyway, basically you just cream together some cream cheese, confectioners sugar and chocolate and refrigerate.  Then have fun decorating. Easy.  You could use any topping you like, since I'll be at a Saint Patrick's Day party some of my toppings were mint flavored.  Make them your own, use the flavors that you like.  You made them and therefore you can choose.  That's an unwritten rule in candy making.  :)

Easy Cream Cheese Truffles
Recipe from MyRecipes


Ingredients
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 4 1/4 cups powdered sugar, divided
  • 5 (1 oz) squares unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder (optional)
  • 1/4 cup chopped mint candies (optional)
  • vanilla almond bark, melted and dyed green if desired. (optional)
  • 1/4 cup toasted flaked coconut (optional)
  • 1/4 chopped nuts (optional)
Cooking Directions
  1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy.
  2. Slowly add 4 cups of powdered sugar.
  3. Beat until smooth.
  4. Add the melted chocolate and beat until blended.
  5. Chill for approximately 1 hour.
  6. Shape chilled mixture into balls and roll in 1/4 cup of powdered sugar, some in cocoa powder, some in nuts and some in coconut. Or use holiday toppings and sprinkles to make them extra festive. 
  7. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.

No comments: